Reflect, reset and recreate after redundancy
There's no question that the period after redundancy can be stressful and challenging. Gone are your regular income and familiar working routines and relationships. In their place are long stretches of time and a whole range of feelings: uncertainty, fear, anger, relief, frustration, sadness - to name just a few.
Losing your job can also mean a loss of identity. Suddenly the story of who you are has changed. You've been forced into a transition, what I call a 'space between stories'. In a movie, this is where the main character gets lost in the wilderness. It's a time of anxiety and confusion, for sure. But it can also be a period that's rich in creative thinking and opportunities to explore new paths.
Introducing a unique programme to help you explore what's next
Based on my Whole Story method, I've developed an 8-session group online programme to give you space to reflect and take stock. It will also equip you with proven techniques to help change your relationship to difficult thoughts and emotions. And if you feel ready, you'll have the chance to explore options, take fresh steps, and begin writing the next 'chapter' in your career.
Here's what you'll receive
- 8 x 1-hour online sessions over 4 weeks (max. 5 people in the group)
- The chance to share your thoughts, feelings and ideas with a supportive group who are in a similar situation to you
- An original programme that's designed to be fun, while also delivering useful psychological techniques and real practical benefits
You'll take away a portfolio containing:
- A summary of your key talents and qualities - and powerful examples of your work stories to bring them to life for future employers or clients
- 'A Career for Me' Ad: A description of your ideal work to share with others to gain fresh perspectives on what your future career could look like
- A Statement of Your Value: To help reinforce your self-worth and make it clear just how much value people receive when they hire you
A bit more about me
I'm Andrew, a former creative leader in advertising who now works as an executive and career coach. I'm a qualified personal and business coach with an MSc in Psychology. As an ex-copywriter and screenwriter, I'm also a big believer in the power of stories - and use storytelling techniques a lot in my work.
When you hire me, you're not just buying a few hours on my time. The value I'm delivering comes from:
- 30 years of studying psychology, neuroscience and storytelling
- The significant investments I've made, and continue to make, in my own professional development: ICF-certified coach, MSc Psychology, having my own psychotherapy, studying screenwriting at Harvard University, etc.
- The wisdom I've gained from my career transitions: from Hartlepool to Hollywood in my 20s, from anxious presenter to stand up comedian in my 30s, from full-time employee to business owner in my 40s
- More than 20 years of creative problem solving for all kinds of organisations: developing new ways for Ford to train 2000 salespeople; making compelling and effective recruitment campaigns for prison officers; creating innovative interactive videos for energy companies. These a just a few of the things I've been involved in.
The Whole Story approach
The Whole Story is much more than an off-the-peg coaching programme. It's an original experience that's designed to be fun and enjoyable, while also delivering really useful information and exercises in a down-to-earth way.
Here's my hand-drawn overview of what the programme looks like. It's designed as a journey, a road trip through your mind.
I'm interested. Tell me more...
I'm running the next one-month programme at the start of September. There'll be two sessions a week on Mondays and Thursdays. Each session runs for an hour. The group will be limited to five people.
The cost of the 8-session programme is £400.